Our roving Healthcare IT specialist, Tanya Mack, has sent us some interesting statistics and information gleaned from keynote and conference sessions at this year’s HIMSS conference in Orlando. Check this out:
* Mobile health = mhealth (personalized health from your pocket) is the main focus of the educational sessions.
* 17% of people with Smartphones use them for health related apps and their use in healthcare will continue growing.
* 72% of MDs currently use Smartphones.
* It is estimated that 500 million people will have health apps on their Smartphone to manage fitness, exercise, and health issues by the year 2015.
* More African Americans adopt health related mobile apps than any other group, nearly two times the rate of other users.
* Remote mhealth expected to be a $2-6 billion industry by 2015.
More to come…